- This event has passed.
Hiring, Promotion and Compensation Decisions: Does AI Improve Outcomes, Create Risk, or Both?
September 18, 2018 @ 11:30 amFree
Hiring and performance evaluation processes continue to evolve as applications using new technology for talent acquisition, employee evaluation and compensation decisions emerge. Artificial Intelligence (AI) promises a faster and more efficient way for employers to evaluate both their prospective and current employees. But legal developments are also driving change, as legislation, regulation, and litigation over pay equity and other EEO issues are increasing. Is AI a better alternative, and perhaps, the wave of the future? Or will other approaches that make use of new data and analytical techniques provide ways to navigate the competitive and legal pressures being put on employers?
Please join Fisher Phillips and Welch Consulting for lunch as we examine the traditional tools employers have been using for hiring, promotion and compensation decisions, and explore the emerging trends and challenges we expect to see with AI added into the mix.
Topics to include:
• Challenges facing traditional methods for hiring, promotion and compensation decisions
• How AI and other new technologies might improve hiring, employee evaluation and compensation decisions
• Pros and cons of using AI applications versus alternatives
• The legal and statistical risks and opportunities
• Randy Coffey, Partner, Fisher Phillips
• Jim Pearce, Vice President and Senior Managing Director, Welch Consulting
• 11:30am – 12:00pm: Registration and Lunch
• 12:00 – 1:00pm: Program
This seminar is being offered free of charge.