ScaleUp! KC has selected 16 entrepreneurial companies for the sixth cohort to undergo training that will help them develop better management and growth strategies.
The four-month program focuses on startup business owners seeking skills to move to the next level.
“It provides already successful business owners with the tools, coaching, peer mentors—and especially the time and guidance—to focus on effective strategies that will help them scale their businesses,” said Jill Meyer, program director of ScaleUP! KC.
A variety of business sectors are represented in the group, including software development, health care, construction, consulting and cleaning services.
The U.S. Small Business Administration awarded the University of Missouri-Kansas City Innovation Center one of the first ScaleUP! America program contracts in the nation. ScaleUP! KC launched in January 2015 with 15 small business owners. The five cohorts since then have produced 77 graduates.
The sixth cohort includes:
- Thomas Assel // Assel Consulting LLC, Lee’s Summit, Mo. The grant services firm works with nonprofits, school districts, universities and other grant-seeking entities.
- Chris Ayala // First Response Construction LLC,Kansas City, Mo. FRC focuses on small and large scale repair, restoration and new construction of commercial and residential properties.
- Cristina Betts //MD HomeCare LLC, Kansas City, Mo. The medical practice performs house calls to persons who are homebound or disabled.
- Sheryl Briggs //ClassApps LLC, Kansas City, Mo. The company is a leading provider of next-generation online data collection, research and survey software.
- Dawn Cramer // Cramer Capital Management,Kansas City, Mo. Cramer specializes in helping clients improve their long-term financial success.
- John Crum //Crum Cleaning, Kansas City, Mo. Crum provides full-service residential and small commercial cleaning services.
- Kathy Gates // The Running Well Store,Kansas City, Mo. The company provides clients with a free stride analysis to match them with proper running and walking shoes.
- Chris Goodwin // Insurance Pros,Overland Park, Kan. The insurance agency specializes in small group and individual health insurance.
- April Kramer // Apple Pie Painting,Overland Park, Kan. The mobile, in-home “sip and paint” company provides in-home painting parties and kits..
- Nick Lewman //Matai Services, Kansas City, Mo. Matai provides contracting services with a primary focus in electrical and directional drilling.
- Elizabeth McFadden //Novella Brandhouse Group, Inc., Kansas City, Mo. Novella is a creative marketing and branding agency that works with growing companies or brands.
- Mani Raman //Yotabites Consulting LLC, Fairway, Kan. Yotabites provides specialized strategic consulting, solution delivery services, training services and open source software around big data and deep analytics.
- Sara Noble //Noble Designs, Inc. // Mission, Kan. This is a full-service interior design firm that strives to create fresh, unique interiors that reflect their clients and their families.
- Brendan O’Shaunghessy //Ocean & Sea, Mission, Kan. Ocean & Sea is a nautical clothing and lifestyle brand with a “mid-coast twist.”
- Jennifer Rosenblatt //MusicSpoke, Kansas City, Mo. The model allows music educators and other professional musicians to purchase the sheet music they need directly from composers.
- Lori Worthington //Right Angle Advisors, Kansas City, Mo. This is a consulting firm specializing in operational strategy and change management, business intelligence and consumer engagement for health care providers.