The Helzberg Entrepreneurial Mentoring Program has just announced its next class of 13 mentees.
For the next three years, each of the following business owners will be paired with a seasoned entrepreneur or management expert, who will coach them and help them grow their companies.
The new class includes:
- Will Buchanan, Treadwell LLC
- Vicki Clayman, Partners N Promotion
- Tom Elafros, American Midwest Distributors LLC
- Ryan Elder, Facility Systems
- Grant Gooding, Proof Positioning
- Jeff Kreutz, KH Properties
- Mimi Markel, Under the Palm Tree
- Kat McDaniel, MEDiAHEAD
- Craig Novorr, Paragon Capital Management
- David Schleicher, Prairie Design Build
- Sean Simms, SKS Studio
- Jessica Underwood, Chief of Staff
- Mike Zimmerman, Beyond the Scores
HEMP is also adding three new mentors: Duff Greenwood, Cleaves-Bessmer-Marietti, Inc.; Johnny Jacobson, TranAm Trucking, Inc.; and Craig Miller, retired.
The program is open to entrepreneurs who have been in business at least three years, have five or more full-time employees, have annual revenues of at least $1 million and want to grow their businesses. They also must serve as the sole ultimate decision-maker in their businesses.
HEMP was founded by Barnett Helzberg Jr., the former head of Helzberg Diamonds. Helzberg was inspired to create the program as a tribute to his mentor, Ewing Marion Kauffman.
“The HEMP class of 2015 is comprised of some of Kansas City’s finest entrepreneurs,” Helzberg said. “I feel very fortunate to have been mentored throughout the various phases of my business career, and HEMP is one way for many of us to give back to the entrepreneurial community.”
The nonprofit is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year. It’s hosting a Nov. 19 event featuring Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. For information about tickets, visit this website.