The Pipeline entrepreneurial fellowship program announced the recipients of its 2018 Pipeline awards and also revealed its 2019 class of Pipeline Fellows at The Innovators event, held for the first time in Omaha.
The Innovators event saw a large group of attendees that included 2018 fellows, mentors, investors, supporters, family members and many others from around the Silicon Prairie.
Founded 12 years ago, Pipeline’s program for high-growth entrepreneurs has become one of the largest entrepreneurial programs and networks in the Midwest. Pipeline mentors its entrepreneurs by investing in their professional development and enabling them to build global businesses from locations of their choice.
“We hear the word ‘family’ thrown around on TV commercials and in business, but we here at Pipeline don’t treat this work lightly,” said Joni Cobb, Pipeline CEO, on stage at the event. “We feel we formed an unparalleled level of intimacy during these last 12 years.”
READ MORE: Joni Cobb to leave Pipeline in 2019
2018 Pipeline Award Winners
Pipeline announced the following award winners for 2018.
- Entrepreneurial Legacy Award // Jim Linder (Nebraska Medicine; Omaha)
- Pipeline Entrepreneur (Member) Growth // Paul Jarrett (Bulu; Lincoln, Neb.)
- Pipeline Entrepreneur (Member) Inspiration // Brian Handrigan (Advocado; St. Louis) and Aaron McKee (Purple Wave Auction; Manhattan, Kan.)
- Innovator of the Year // Andrew Barnell (Geneoscopy; St. Louis)
2019 Pipeline Fellows
Pipeline’s 2019 class includes 13 entrepreneurs from five cities in three states. The Fellows are selected for the program following an intensive application and interview process.
Entrepreneurs from the Kansas City area accounted for eight of the 13 participants, a testament to Kansas City’s vibrant startup culture.
Pipeline announced the following fellows at the event:
- Bek Abdullayev // Super Dispatch; Kansas City, Mo.
- Anis Dayya // PiREARcings; Kansas City, Mo.
- Jeff Dunn // Redivus Health; Olathe
- Liderman Duin // Bluepoint2; Leawood
- Michael Fry // Astra Brands; Kansas City, Mo.
- Donald Hawkins // CitySmart; Kansas City, Mo.
- Ramsey Jamoul // Midwest eSports; Wichita
- William Payne // Simple Vet Solutions; Omaha
- Heather Spalding // Cambrian; Kansas City, Mo.
- Spencer Toder // Atrial Innovations; St. Louis
- Tammie Wahaus // ELIAS Animal Health; Olathe
- Steven Werner // Lawn Buddy; Wichita
- Lizz Whitacre // Pawlytics; Lincoln, Neb.
Check out the links above to read past coverage of the companies in Thinking Bigger.