Eight Platte County companies were awarded Business Excellence awards for job creation and/or significant expansion and investment projects at the Platte County Economic Development Council’s 28th Annual Business Excellence Luncheon on Dec. 7.
These companies contributed more than $176 million in private investment, filled more than 1.5 million square feet of space and created over 800 jobs with potential for another 1,000 jobs at full capacity.
“This annual event always reaffirms that Platte County is an excellent business location,” said Executive Director Alicia Stephens. “We come together to celebrate new investment in our community. The celebration provides an opportunity for the Platte County EDC and its members to show appreciation to the businesses that have chosen Platte County as their home.”
Divided into three categories, the awards recognized businesses that in 2018 demonstrated an educational initiative, civic and business leadership or overall excellence.
The winners were awarded in the following categories.
Business Excellence Awards
- Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa (Kansas City)
- BioLife Plasma Services (Kansas City)
- BMS Logistics Inc. (St. Joseph)
- City Rent A Truck (Kansas City)
- CVS Health Midwest Distribution Center (Kansas City)
- Engaged Companies (Parkville)
- Ignite Medical Resorts (Kansas City)
- Missouri American Water (Parkville)
Community Development Awards
- Miss Doyle’s Soapery (Weston)
- Velociti (Kansas City)
- Horticultural Impressions (Platte City)
- Al’s Bar & Grill (Platte City)
- KCI Auto Auction (Kansas City)
Education Partner Awards
- Aviation Technical Services (Kansas City)
- Saint Luke’s North Hospital (Kansas City)