The Small Business Administration announced it is accepting nominations for its 2019 National Small Business Week awards, including the annual Small Business Person of the Year.
The awards coincide with National Small Business Week, May 5-11, 2019.
SBA Administrator Linda McMahon said in a news release that the National Small Business Week award is one of the nation’s highest honors for small business achievement.
“This is a great opportunity to recognize those small businesses that have contributed significantly to their local communities, developed creative products or made advances with innovative technologies,” McMahon said.
The Small Business Person of the Year is awarded to one business from each state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam.
In addition, awards will be given for the following categories:
- Exporter of the Year
- Phoenix Awards for Disaster Recovery (given to a small business, public official and volunteer)
- Federal procurement awards:
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Awards for Excellence (for large prime contractors who use small businesses as suppliers and contractors)
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year
- Awards to SBA resource partners:
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Excellence and Innovation Center Award
- Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award
- Veterans Business Outreach Center of the Year
- Jody C. Raskind Lender of the Year
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year
All nominations must be mailed or hand-delivered to the local SBA District office by 2 p.m. Jan. 9, 2019. Email submissions will not be accepted.
The SBA Region VII Office, which serves Kansas City, is located at 1000 Walnut St., Suite 530, Kansas City, MO 64106.